Monday, January 18, 2010

Introducing A New Blog

For my 40Th birthday my good friend Dawn gave me a Sunset Magazine subscription and thus the title, a little play on words, From Dawn Into Sunset. A few months have gone by and several pages each month have been dogged eared and I think to myself, "I want to try that". In reality, my want to try this or that has not happened or has been logged deep and far away in my cerebral cortex to be extracted at a later date.



My goal is to try one recipe and cook up a meal for some friends, always including Dawn, and to do one highlighted point of interest each month. The meal will be easier than the point of interest. The Sunset Magazine covers the entire Western United States. Many of the points of interest are destinations that I want to explore but due to my work schedule and such I can't do during the month of the specific issue. For example: In this month's issue, January 2010, some of the National Parks in the Southwest are highlighted. I have always wanted to go to these National beauties but I can't just tell work, "I'm out of here for a week or two". There may even be an occasion that I write about a destination or recipe that was missed by Sunset.



On a side note, I love the sunrise (dawn) and the sunset. I take random pictures of each and might post them on here from time to time, especially since they go well with my title of the blog.



This sunset photo was taken on Saturday just north of San Simeon, CA were the elephant seals migrate every January to have their pups and to start the cycle all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment